Saturday, January 26, 2013

No Ordinary Calendar with My Mind's Eye


Do you have any old (or in my case new and never been used) picture frames floating around?  I've had this picture frame sitting around my house, in closets, in the attic, survived two garage sales, etc., etc. etc.  I just couldn't figure out what to do with the thing!  And then VIOLA!  I had this great idea to upcycle it and make it into a calendar!


                          


 I started with my picture frame that is 16x20.  I painted the glass with several coats of Martha Stewart's Chalkboard paint.  Once the paint dried and I decided what size to make the actual calendar portion, I used a good 'ol Sharpie to draw the grid.  I wanted the squares to be a fair size, so I made them 2"x2", making the total dimensions of the grid 14"x10" (LxH).

Once the grid was drawn on, the fun began!  Embellishing the frame with the My Minds's Eye-The Sweetest Thing, Tangerine "I Want It All" Bundle from Fotobella.com.  Let me tell you....I used EVERY embellishment in the bundle!  The sky was the limit in this project!!  And I hope you agree, it was well worth it!  I am totally IN LOVE with this calendar!

And what I really love???  That I found these fabulous Chalk markers to write on the calendar with.  It cleans with a damp cloth and they write beautifully!  No yucky, dusty, chalky mess.

Here's some closeup shots of all the fun details on this calendar:











And one more finale shot!




Now, hurry! Go! Scour the house for a picture frame and make your own!  Don't forget to grab the My Mind's Eye-The Sweetest Thing, Tangerine "I Want It All" Bundle! from Fotobella.com

Have a fabulous day!



No comments:

Post a Comment